McGranahan Architects is currently seeking an Administrative Manager to direct and oversee the firm’s day-to-day administrative operations.
Desired qualities include:
- Formal training in office clerical activities and responsibilities. Formal education or training in another applicable area may be considered as equivalent.
- Five years of direct, applicable experience in office administration, preferably in a A/E firm.
- Leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills necessary to fulfill a diverse array of management responsibilities and work with a diverse array of individuals.
- Ability to effectively supervise other technical and administrative staff. This includes active and ongoing teaching and mentoring of less experienced staff.
- Proficiency in computer-based software environments, including MS Word, MS Excel, Freehand, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Solid understanding of MS Windows based personal computers and network environments.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to organize one’s activities and work product in a logical and clear manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively shift from one to another in a high paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Representative duties of the Administrative Manager role include:
- Directly supervises administrative staff, including Project Coordinators, Administrative Assistants, and Receptionist.
- Ensures the entire staff has the necessary tools to do their jobs (software, hardware, supplies, etc) accessible, functioning, and readily available to them.
- Implements and reinforces firm standards of practice with regard to graphic standards, forms and templates, and how documents are produced and packaged.
- Oversees and manages the firm’s Information Technology systems, including coordination of external service providers. Advises the Director of Operations on the development of annual IT budgets, long range planning for IT investments and changes in software/hardware.
- Coordinates the relationships with third party vendors that provide services and supplies to the firm. Includes monitoring compliance with agreements for services and leased equipment.
- Oversees implementation of Owner/Contractor required software programs (eg. E-Builder, Procore, etc.).
- Works directly with staff to equip / adjust their workstations, software, hardware, furniture, etc., to optimize their work environment, within the norms of the office practices.
- Performs or delegates other administrative duties as necessary.
McGranahan Architects is a 42-person firm celebrating 50 years of practice in the Pacific Northwest. We are dedicated to the creation of exceptional environments for learning rooted in our belief that education transforms individual lives and society.
We offer an excellent benefit packages including a year-end profit sharing program, vacation, sick leave, health/dental/vision coverage, 401 (k) match, and a professional development program. Salary will be based on overall candidate qualifications and experience.
In compliance with the Washington State Coronavirus Response we’re currently encouraging all employees to work remotely to the extent possible.
Our office exemplifies a practice that is exceptionally creative, collaborative, challenging and fulfilling. McGranahan Architects is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
More on our culture: